chmouel> Borsenkow Andrej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> So? You mean it won't be fixed? Then at least do make distclean so users
>> are forced to reconfigure. It is better than leave people clueless about
>> this cryptic error.

chmouel> We got to teach people to use make mrproper.

>> What's wrong with including rhconfig.h in modsetver.h?

chmouel> Juan idea ?

I need to rethink what to do here, the problem is:
- if you change the .config file/the compiler/whatever you should
  do:  make mrproper.

- Then that looks like doing make mrproper in kernel-source (while
  creating rpm) is a good idea.

- But then you will be unable to compile modules outside of the kernel
  (that is the primary reason of using modconfig in the first place).

The only realy clean solution that I can think of is:

creating a:  /usr/src/<linux_includes_for_modules-version>
and /usr/src/linux-<version> for the source package, but this is not
the more clean solution that I can think of.

About the problem of including rhconfig.h in modsetver.h, I have to
study what to do with that.

Later, Juan "who is still buried in email since mid July" :(

are different -- Larry McVoy