Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Am Don, 2001-10-04 um 21.07 schrieb 1002222441:
>
>>OK, so what we need is rsync like functionality in rpm, and a special
>>rpm server.
>>

> RPM can already by itself download files from http/ftp servers.  So
> what's a special server good for?  And in combination with urpmi you can
> automatically download files.

Well rsync does binary patching, so a modified RPM that recognises
that you have a cached previous release could manufacture a local copy
of the new release by copying the old release to the new name,
and binary patching it from the new one.

Check out how rsync works on www.samba.org

--
John Allen                         email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenSource Developer                    :