    G> Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: [...]

    G> According to the PCITABLE, the only entry with "5610" in the
    G> description is not reported as a winmodem, and it looks like
    G> the model you have:
    >>  Then the hardware config is broken as it brings up the error
    >> dialog referring me to the linmodems.org page instead of
    >> allowing me to configure the modem.

    G> You mean "harddrake" ? Or during install ?

Well, let me qualify my bug report:

1) These modems appear on ttyS4 and ttyS5 (I have one for Internet,
   one for voice/fax, and may someday bind both for double-modem speeds)

2) After the basic upgrade, my old /dev/modemN links get deleted, and
   no links replace them.  Prior to upgrade I would have had

   /dev/modem --> /dev/modem1
   /dev/modem1 --> /dev/ttyS4
   /dev/modem2 --> /dev/ttyS5

3) In 8.0 (I believe) the install also did not assign modem device links
   but modemtool did (IIRC).

4) When I run harddrake through the control panel button to configure
   Hardware/Modem, I get the select box showing my modems as USRs, but
   if I select configure, which is the only option other than cancel,
   I just get the dialog referring me to linmodems.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
T(C)Inc Business Innovations through Open Source http://www.teledyn.com