On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 18:41, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Oct 2001 06:27:15 +0200, Kevin Maciunas wrote:
>
> > I seem to have some erratic behavior with Galeon (galeon-0.12.2-1mdk)
> > and Junkbuster (junkbuster-2.0.2-6mdk). The behavior is not *exactly*
> > reproduceable, but to a fair degree of approximation: 1. Fire up galeon.

<<SNIP>>

> This problem might be caused by Junkbuster which is not an HTTP/1.1 proxy
> but only HTTP/1.0 proxy.
> From Mozilla release notes :
> "Mozilla needs to be configured to work properly with proxies such as Junkbuster
> that do not support the most recent HTTP specification. By default, Mozilla
> tries to use HTTP 1.1. To use Mozilla with a proxy that only supports HTTP 1.0,
> edit the HTTP Version from 1.1 to 1.0 in Edit | Preferences | Debug | Networking.
>(Bug
> 38488)
> "

Ahhhh!  I must admit I never suspected that!  I guess this is just a
documentation issue now :-)  I've changed to HTTP/1.0 and (so far) the
problem has not re-appeared!

I guess I'm not entirely alone in using the Junkbuster proxy, so it
might be as well to somehow make this more obvious to the user - maybe
it would even be sensible for moz to default to 1.0 behaviour?  Just a
thought!

Many thanks Frederic!!
/Kevin
--
Kevin J. Maciunas              Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept. of Computer Science      Ph : +61 8 8303 5845