On Tue Oct 23, 2001 at 06:29:10AM -0400, Stew Benedict wrote:

> > It is from user's comment to
> > http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-10-18-018-20-SC-KN-0005
> > that describes two kernel bugs (symlink and ptrace):
> >
> > ================ citation ================
> > Mandrake Single Network Firewall is based on kernel 2.2.19
> > I guess this episode will provide a good test of whether people should
> > trust Mandrake as a company to keep their products secure...
> >
> > There has been no replacement product for Mandrake SNF7.2
> > If there is none planned, it may be that they believe they can just let
> > this slide without producing an update for people who bought the
> > box...That would be unfortunate.
> >

> 2.2.19 in cooker has been updated with the appropriate patches, and
> kernels for the previous products are being built now by the secteam.

Yup.  I expect to have them available in the next 24-48hrs (the 2.2
kernels).  The 2.4 kernels will be a little longer yet.  This is also
dependant upon how fast they go through QA.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
1024D/FE6F2AFD   88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD

Current Linux kernel 2.4.8-26mdk uptime: 6 days 17 hours 59 minutes.

PGP signature