I have two computers testing cooker stuff. I share a monitor and
keyboard between them. I can't share the mouse, cause when X loses the
mouse, well you know.

I would figure that XFree86.org would be the best place, but maybe
someone knows a trick. Think asking XFree86.org to work on this would
produce any results or would just be a waste of time?

Again, hate to say it, but you can do this in Windows, but Windows
works differently. I would think it wouldn't be that hard to do, the
keyboard is shared and it doesn't have a problem switching between the two.