le ven 02-11-2001 at 06:53 Roach, Mark R. a écrit :
> I just installed 8.1 on one of my home systems, and the install
> worked fine, the mouse worked, but once the install was done, the
> mouse does not work in X or gpm. I tried devfs=nomount to no avail. I
> tried the latest kernel (2.4.12-6) and it still doesn't work.
>
> I always get "/dev/psaux: no such device or address"
>
> The only way I can get it to work is with the 2.2 kernel. This seems
> strange though as the install is using the same kernel version (2.4.8)
> anybody have any clues?

I got the same thing on a machine i installed two days ago. This is
strange because both /dev/mouse and /dev/psaux are links to
/dev/misc/psaux but only /dev/mouse works. (this problem occurs when i
start X coz drakconf set mouse to /dev/psaux)

Besides, cdrom (/dev/cdrom) points to a strange thing
../cdroms/cdrom/cdrom0 or something like that (which of course doesn't
exist)

Don't know why..

--

Sylvain OBEGI