On 30 Oct 2001, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Todd Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I think this would be a VERY good thing (provided there's not a major
> > technical showstopper with memtest-x86, which is what I'm afraid of).
>
> Do you use it often? Did it allow you to detect memory problems in the
> real world?

Yes i helped me with strange mem problem on my motherboard.
System was totaly unstable after i added more memory(Micron). I exchanged
DIMM but i did't helped. Then i used this programm and i give me nothing
but after i tryed intensive memory test(it is not default one) after 4 or
5 hours i got a lot of error. Anyway it hepled me to find where to plug
this dimm on the motherboard to make system stable. 2 month uptime now.

--
  5:05pm  up 14 days,  6:02,  3 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00
            __
         | /  \ |        Iouri Goussev            //  \\
        \_\\  //_/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           _\\()//_
   jgs    \\  //   http://foobar.irc-unix.net    | \__/ |
    I am not 31337. But I can use the Vi editor... ;-0