On 20011112 Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

>> when after a week or two you notice your mbox isn't full of [CHRPM]s,
>> ever get the feeling something is up?
>
>Kernel was updated three days ago. Devfs version in question was
>released more than a week ago. And I have been reporting lockups in
>devfs for more than a month at least.

As I have read in LKML, after the latest 'release' of devfs, it was still
broken. So the mantainer (see the state of the beast...) finally decided
to drop the current implementation and start feeding Linus-Alan a new
fully reworked devfs (that is supposed to have not locking-race problems).
But the problem is that the patches are leakin' in pieces to the list,
I have not seen a full patch...so wait until it is complete. I'm
sure Juan is tracking the list.

--
J.A. Magallon                           #  Let the source be with you...
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]