I'm having some trouble trying to get a webcam working.  I've posted a
message to the experts list but still wasn't able to solve the problem
so I was hoping someone could maybe help out.

It is a
Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000 which is supposed to be supported by the
Phillips USB webcam drivers.

What I've tried is to load videodev

modprobe -v videodev

and then load pwc

modprobe -v size=sif fps=15

I don't get any errors on these.

When I try to load any software it can't find the device.  ie there is
no /dev/video

So I create a one with mknod /dev/video0 c 81 0

/proc/devices shows a character device at 81 .. video_capture

tried to just make a /dev/video as well.  Yet I still get the same error

/dev/video: No such device when I use gqcam

just to make sure I've check to make sure pwd and videodev are loaded
using modprobe ... both are loaded.

In case it matters the motherboard is an Abit KT7-Raid.  The printer
connected via USB.

Any suggestions?

Greg