After I've installed it, its post-install script overwrote the previous
grub'd-MBR with lilo ... i normally use only grub and of course I
updated _only_ the /boot/grub/menu.lst with an entry pointing to the
latest kernel I've recompiled, NOT lilo.conf (it had yet the old text
...)
Briefly, on the next reboot, lilo menu was like this: old-original
mdk8.1 kernel (not anymore workable 'cause I've uninstalled devfsd),
windows (i've just a small partition) and a memtest86 entry.
The only certain booting method I had was using the CD to re-install
grub ...
Anyway, why do the script install lilo in the MBR, secretly and without
a preliminary check on the existing bootloader? or at least a
confirmation or an announcement for the overwriting? :-)
Thx & Regards

--
L.U. #210970 - L.M. #98222 * MDK mista cooker/8.1 - 2.4.13-ac7