first of all, I'm not angry and I'm not bob....

Whenever I install a new Mandrake system for myself or someone else I
always set up urpmi to go snatch it's rpms from an external source
instead of the default CD's.  to do this I of course have to
urpmi.removemedia all of the existing sources, and then urpmi.addmedia
all of the new ones.

The thing that annoys me about this is the ridiculously long names of
the cdrom images.... usually I get to cut and paste, but on a couple
occasions I've had to type it in.... and even when you cut and paste,
the parentheses aren't escaped like the spaces are so you have to go
back and fix the removemedia line.

I would like to request that the default names be shortened to
something more palletable than a 50+ character name.  something like
"cdrom1-inst" would be nice.

thanks for you time....

--adam