On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Claudio wrote:

> No way to force "adduser" or "useradd" (which is the same) to create user
> with a default group on Mandrake 8.1
> I changeg /etc/default/adduser
> I got NO errors, but user is always created with as "user.user", no with
> "user.apache" or "user.somethingelse". It seems to be ok with userdrake
> instead... any hint about it???
> I actually had to put alias adduser="adduser -g apache" in order to make it
> work... I don't think it's a good way to use it!

   The version provided with Red Hat Linux will  create  a  group
   for  each  user  added  to the system, unless -n option is
   given.  The options which apply to the useradd command are

-g default_group      The  group  name  or  ID  for  a new user's initial
                      group.  The named group must exist, and a numerical
                      group ID must have an existing entry .

-n            A  group  having  the  same  name as the user being
              added to the system will  be  created  by  default.
              This  option  will turn off this Red Hat Linux spe­
              cific behavior.

--
  6:53pm  up 34 days,  7:50,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
            __
         | /  \ |        Iouri Goussev            //  \\
        \_\\  //_/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           _\\()//_
   jgs    \\  //   http://foobar.irc-unix.net    | \__/ |
    I am not 31337. But I can use the Vi editor... ;-0