This relates to my system running 8.1 rather than to either of my cooker
systems.

On a fresh 8.1 install I updated to kernel-2.4.13-9mdk, I also updated
XFree, modutilities, inscripts,gpm, and iptables all from todays cooker.

Other than needing to delete the /dev/sda /mnt/zip and /dev/sda4
/mnt/zip2 entries and to create a /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip entry both devfs
and supermount work well on all drives.

Then the problem.
On this system I have a Logitech Cordless Optical MouseMan Wheel
connected via usb.
With supermount either enabled or disabled when I access the 1st
disk inserted into the zip drive after booting everything is fine.
When I unmount or eject that disk and insert a 2nd the moment the
zip contents are accessed through Any filemanager I completly lose the
mouse.
Console shows: gpm: oops () invoked from gpm. c(181)
               /dev/usbmouse: No such device
I then login as root and manually restart the mouse service using mousedrake,
which has to be invoked twice.
The first will again give the No such device error.
The second time mousedrake is invoked the following is displayed:
 usb-uhci. c: interrupt,status 3, frame #934
 usb_control/bulk=msg: timeout
I can then selest usb wheelmouse and mouse services is started.
This then reoccurs everytime a zip disk is accessed.

The above problem Does Not occur if I use a corded usb wheelmouse or
if I connect the Cordles mouse via ps/2, but Only if it is connected via
USB.

I am curious to see if this problem is specific to the Logitech mouse and
my system, or if it affects all such mice regardless of the system.

   Charles