Hello,

        Just installed the latest pcmcia stuff, and it jogged my memory about a
problem that's been there for a loooong time.  When using a cd-rw drive that
has a pcmcia controller, in order for the drive to be ide-scsi, not only does
the designation have to be in the boot parameters (in my case, hde=ide-scsi)
but since the drive isn't there at boot, in order to use it I have to
manually modprobe -r ide-scsi, then modprobe ide-scsi back in to have the
drive work as a scsi.

        I thought I remembered some work on fixing this, then more important things
came up.. Can we get fixing this on the "to-do" list?

        Thanks!

        V.