Well, after put in lilo append "devs=nomount", following Yves
recommendation, lots of things that didn't run before start to work.
The usb scanner was recognized and xsane-gimp runs fine; the problem
with the kscd cdrom confusions (it only worked wit hdc but putting
cdrom2) gone (I had to create the appropriate links between /dev/scd0
and /dev/cdrom and /dev/hdd /dev/cdrom2).

In fact the devs used in 8.1 seems to be a little be buggy.

I have xsnow runing in both, the main and the laptop computer, but under
8.1 I can't see it if I have gnome or kde runing (icons on the screen),
but not problem with icewm or under any windows manager under 8.0

I updated in my laptop (runing 8.0) DrakConf and now I have been able to
change the time and put it correctly.

It was a plenty of succes weekend for my and linux ^_^

I hope these comments could help anyone having similar problems.

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)