Charlie Bebber wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>I exclusively run mandrake on all of my servers (and workstations for that
>matter) for a couple of different reasons, but most of all for the reiserfs
>support during install.  There are a couple of things that do worry me.
>
>One is that there is no "server" option during install.  It's really not
>that big of a deal as I always select my own packages, but it always seems
>like there's always a lot of X packages that want to be installed.  When you
>want a stripped down install with minimal services, that's not exactly the
>ideal default situation.
>
>Another is that, as far as I can tell, all package update software have X as
>a requirement.  Is there, or will there be, a TUI version of MandrakeUpdate?
> Or will there be official support for apt?
>
>Cheers,
>
>-Charlie

Man am I restraining myself from being offensive and undiplomatic.
1) URPMI!!!!!!! It is almost as close to Mandrake's core as the kernel!
 urpmi --auto-select!!!  ~murmur, roll eyes~.
2) If you insist on doing it the [CENSORED] way that makes no sense,
MandrakeUpdateRobot.

As far as the "\"server\" option", that is easily almost as preposterous
a comment.  Look around please.  You are definitely missing somethings
big.  This is some kind of warped troll joke you are sending the ml?
 You had better have tried both the NEWBIE and EXPERT mailing lists
already.

[CENSORED] Brian [CENSORED]

Regards.