Perhaps slightly off topic but does pertain
to several posts to this List

 I bought this item due to their Web Site FAQ and now the "WORD"
from the company itself....Well it did generate some interesting log files THIS IS
FROM THE SANDISK FAQ TECH PAGE;
(As of 11/03/01)

>Affects:
>SanDisk products: SDDR-31, SDDR-33, SDDR-55
>Operating systems: Linux
>Hardware platform: All legacy PCs

>ause:
>Informational

>Solution:
>It will work by simply plugging into a Linux box with kernal 2.4 or >higher.

After half a dozen emails to Sandisk this is my only response;
11/04/01

>       Thank you for contacting SanDisk technical support. Unfortunately
>that reader, the SDDR-55 has no support under Linux.

>Regards,
>Jeff

This has been an extremely frustrating experience.
I am 150$ poorer (x 2 different SM Readers)
and hopefully a little wiser !!??

So now I will attempt to find the legacy SDDR09 Reader.

Once again I will be booting into M$ for the first time in months/years
until a solution is found for my paticular setup....:(

--
William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak.