On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 02:29:34PM +0100, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> On Mondayen den 26 November 2001 06.12, Geoffrey Lee wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 05:23:25PM +0100, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > > Direct messaging to "icq ver. 2000b beta v 4.65  on  win 2000 server"
> > > don't work through my Linux 2.4 firewall.
> >
> > I think that there are still some direct connection issues with Licq.
>
> Yes perhaps, I need to test this some more. It may work to older ICQ clients?.

There isn't that much v8-compliance in the code as you may think (but hey
server messages work now).

For now, I believe that you still need to get them to uncheck that magic
box in the security and privacy settings.

Depending on how things go, I would very much like to merge this into cooker,
but that will mainly depend on people's experiences with using the v8 client
and how fast development goes on the Licq side.

These experiences are important as I wish to know if the unsupported v8 one
is any better (or worse!) than the current cooker one. By that, there are
several core issues:

- interaction with the server
- interaction with other clients
- stability on Licq client's part