On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 12:16, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Means that cardmgr exits without loading any module for your pcmcia
> network card. Do you have any idea why ? Does it work after install ? Is
> this a PCI pcmcia network card ?
>
> Chmouel --> apparently his network pcmcia card was correctly detected and
> used in 8.1 but no more with new pcmcia of Cooker, any idea ? Is there any
> known regression in support (documented ;p) ?
>
> Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/

The card is a PCMCIA Type III - Xircom Realport cardbus (Ethernet,
modem/isdn) combination (RBEM 10/100).

I have used Cooker successfully up until the time that the pcmcia
services were moved to the kernel and the mandrake install wasn't
updated.  I was able to manually install the external PCMCIA services
and load the card this way - I was waiting for the Mandrake install to
catch up with the kernel (regarding pcmcia)

The card is working fine because I have "other" OSs as multiboot on it
... no problem.  Last Cooker which worked previously (after installing
the external PCMCIA card services) was about two weeks ago
(kernel-2.4.12-3mdk).

R. Fox