Ainsi parlait Leon Brooks :
> On Tuesday 27 November 2001 19:24, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> > You can't have two different version of foo installed
> > simultaneously (unless they bear different names),
>
> Why not? It works for me. (-:
>
> I have machines with two versions of (g)libc installed at once, two
> kernels, etc. No worries.
You didn't installed two glibc package, did you ?
One least one should have been installed manually., and according to  FHS,
it should go in /usr/local/lib, and its doc in /usr/local/doc.

> > and it makes you unable
> > to know where doc is installed just from package name...
>
>     cd /usr/share/doc/packagename-*
>
> ...in a script, or...
I want to have a package foo requiring bar for building be able to know
exactly where bar doc is (for cross-linking doc, actually). Yes, i could use
this kind of trick, as i know i will always have one only matching dir, but
this is ugly :-(
--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html