On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> * Thu Nov 29 2001 Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1.0.6-3mdk
>
> - Patch16: add file sharing support (need drakxtools with fileshareset/list)
> - Enforce dependency on mozilla version

How is this supposed to work exacly?   When I richt click on a folder and
select 'properties', I get ksu popping up (even though nautilus is a gnome
filemanager and Im using gnome) to ask for the root password to run
diskdrake.    When I get diskdrake up, there is a tab called 'filesharing'
(i believe). I click on that tab, then the line that says click here.  It
searches for the 'samba' shares (not just shares, but 'samba' shares
:).  When it returns with a list of shares available (pc's, not the actual
directory that is shared) I click on a computer name and everything locks
up while it checks the machine.  It never returns a list of shares,
though.  I also cannot find a place to 'share' one of my directories (even
though that is what I set out to do).  I have 'RESTRICT=no' in
/etc/security/fileshare.conf.    I do have samba installed (2.0.7-25).  Is
there something else Im missing?

David

 --
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."