On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:28:26 +0100
RA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 30 November 2001 13:44, you wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:36:49 +0300
> >

> > > It must be working in current cooker kernel (old ide-floppy bug) and is
> > > being corrected in public driver in slightly different way (Chmouel, it
> > > probably will obsolete my patch).
> >
> > I can atest to that I just upgraded a system to cooker yesterday and the
> > Zip performs without problem.
> >

> >    Charles
>
> I upgraded to current cooker (from a mixed mdk8.1/cooker system) two days ago
> - running kernel-2.4.13-12mdk.
> And I can atest that I have to touch disc node first when disc is inserted,
> then part4 is generated.
> I.e. 'mount -t vfat /dev/host0.../part4 /mnt/zip' is otherwise not working.
>
> Or maybe it's a upgrade problem.

More than likely it is caused by changes you made prior upgrading to the
full cooker.

Any such changes would not have been overwritten by the upgrade.
Such changes, while allowing the drive to function in 8.1 would prevent
the now properly functioning devfs from operating unless the same hack
is used or unless all configs are returned to their default.

As I said my USB Zip is functioning without problem and no changes were
necessary.
FWIW here is the fstab listings for my zip:
/dev/sda /mnt/zip auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto
0 0
/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip2 auto