mostly good news here... the card was recognized and
allowed me to start the boot process, unfortunately it
kicked out shortly after I chose Expert Install.

The error message was:
can't access kernel modules corresponding to your
kernel (file /lib/modules.cz-2.4.13-9mdkBOOT is
missing)

When I ctrl+alt+F1 I find that the last item started
was:
Entering step 'Hard drive detection'

But as far as I can tell the pcmcia module was working
perfectly.

--- Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I tried doing a pcmcia net install with the Dell
> > Inspiron I8000 using the pcmcia.img for both
> cooker
> > (Dec 4) and 8.1. The cooker did not have a driver
> for
> > the 3c575 and 8.1 locked up the laptop. I have
> done
>
> Could you try to launch the install with this floppy
> please:
>
> http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/network.img
>
> Since your PCMCIA network card is now used by a PCI
> module, I
> added PCMCIA code and basic modules in
> `network.img', it should
> be ok to do network installs from this now.
>
> If it's fine with you (99% of chance), next DrakX
> upload should
> contain the fix.
>

> --
> Guillaume Cottenceau -
> http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin