Hi list,

I have problems with latest (or should I say any) version of devfs.
I have two CDROMs, /dev/hdc, /dev/hdd

Without devfs, everything works well. When devfs is enabled, though, I
cannot mount or access the second CDROM.
Devfs reports mu CDROMs as /dev/cdrom1, /dev/cdrom2, but when I try to
mount the cdrom2, it always tries to mount cdrom1 (or /dev/hdc).
The same goes for /dev/cdrom3 .. /dev/cdrom6 (I don't have anything like
this installed) - always accessing /dev/cdrom1 (dev/hdc) !
BTW, /dev/cdrom link is broken altogether (points to '../cdroms/cdrom0'
instead of 'cdroms/cdrom0)'!

Details:

Mandrake 8.1
devfsd-1.3.18-17mdk
kernel 2.4.16-5 (occurs on 2.4.8-26 and 2.4.13-8 as well, so I don't
think this matters)

The CDROMs are:

Plextor 16/10/40A (dev/hdc)
NEC DV-5800A

Also, SCSI IDE emulation is broken. On my system with devfs enabled (as
opposed to disabled), I cannot:

- burn CD-ROMS (broken SCSI emulation, works with devfs disabled)
- watch DVDs (cannot access /dev/hdd DVD)

PS: /etc/fstab is correct, I can do all of the above with devfs disabled.

Michal