I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop. It has 2 modular
bays in front. I recently bought a modular cdrw and
powered down the device, then removed the floppy and
put it in that modular bay. When I rebooted the system
locked up trying to mount a vfat directory (the floppy
drive). To get it to work, I had to # the floppy drive
statement in fstab.

Is this something that can be solved by devfs? If
devfs does not find the drive then it does not try and
mount it through fstab.... or maybe rebuild
removeables (such as floppy, cdroms, etc) each reboot?

How else can this problem be resolved?

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin