Michael Reinsch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Fre, 07 Dez 2001 18:23:45 Christian Belisle wrote:
>
> > * Thu Dec 06 2001 Christian Belisle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > 7.1.3-6mdk
>
> Some comments about the rpm scripts in postgresql-server:
>
> - ~postgres/.bash_profile is getting longer with every update because
> PGLIB and PGDATA are always added.
>
> - if postgresql is not started, backup doesn't work when updating (the
> first time?)
>
> - backup also doesn't work if root has no user in the database
>
> - What is the code below "# Restore the database" supposed to do? It seems
> to me that it will dump the backup done by the last update into a backup
> database (does this work? The backup dump has commands to create / connect
> to the original databases)? Why? Why not create a backup file with a
> timestamp in the filename in ~postgres/backups?
>
> That's all :)

I remade the backup function in the spec file. I tested it and it's ok
here.

Only one thing, I removed the useradd and userdel in the spec file. So
it keep the original postgres user in passwd (setup's package). So if
you uninstall 7.1.3-6mdk, it will remove the user. You just have to add
postgres in passwd and group, and install 7.1.3-7mdk.

Chris