I just did a fresh cooker install onto a laptop and I noticed the
following problem with /etc/init.d/pcmcia and /etc/modules.conf.

After my install, /etc/modules.conf had this single line:

 pre-install pcmcia_core CARDMGR_OPTS=-f \
   /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start

So, when /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start is run, it runs 'modprobe
pcmcia_core' which causes /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia to run again ...
and again.

My messages file was full of errors due to the script being run from
recursively until it ran out of memory.

This is with last night's cooker, pcmcia-cs-3.1.30-1mdk.  However, I am
not sure if this is a bug in the installer (I used the text mode over
NFS) or in the pcmcia package.

Dan