On Sunday 16 December 2001 5:20 pm, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> On Вск, 2001-12-16 at 17:49, guran wrote:

> > Is the 'setting of locale' in Cooker all fine for everybody?
>
> It is too general question - but what we need is separate "installation
> language" and "system locale". Currently I have no way to run
> installation in English while configuring default Russian locale for
> system. There is localedrake but it is half-broken.

That implies that Mdk has given up on constructing something similar to the
xserver, where you may change resolution yet map the same GUI in the new
environment.

What I am looking for is a db of locale, that may easily be changed -
something similar to the use of English on this list, but letters should be
able to be constructed within any installed system of language. I am
guessing, but I assume that many ex colonies have more than one 'locale'.

As it is now, I am never explicitly asked for a locale, this is inferred from
steps taken during installation.

regards
guran
--
Mandrake Linux 8.2 Cooker kernel-2.4.16.9mdk-1-1mdk  version:2001:12:14:05:04