I have received nothing from any of the Mandrake list since 11:30 last night
so if this has already been covered my apols.

rpmdrake -1.4-5 works but because of the manner in which it now displays
it will cause most Newbie and even some reg users, who launch the app via a
desktop icon or from a menu Rather than from a terminal, that the app is not
woking.

Looking only at the Gui once the pkg selections are made the installer screen
appears.
The Checking Files listing occurs as in the past.
But the display remains on Checking Files, Until All pkgs have been downloaded.

People on a modem or even those with a broadband connection, if dling multiple
pkgs would see this same screen for 15min or more with seemingly no activity
occuring.
They are going to kill the app and then bitch and post to 1 of the list
wanting to know why the SoftwareMgr does not work.

   Charles