On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:33:48 -0500
Hoyt Duff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >   I'm glad that there is activity with getting KDE3 into cooker.
 Can> > > someone either do a short "how to" to get it installed
without killing a> > > working system, or hot to get it to run
side-by-side with KDE2?  I'd love> > > to start playing with this, but
last time I tried I killed my system, and> > > took 2 days to get back
in business.> >
> > I have no idea if this is the 'right' way, but all I did was
download the> > RPMs and:
> > rpm -ivh libqt3*
> Has an unsatisfied dep of libpng.so.3. Is that fatal? Easily
fixable?

You're sure you are on Cooker?
If not, check the ftp site of kde for 8.1 packages.

 urpmf libxslt.so.1
libxslt1:/usr/lib/libxslt.so.1
 urpmf libartskde
kdelibs-sound:/opt/kde3/lib/libartskde.so.1
 urpmf libpng.so.3
libpng3:/usr/lib/libpng.so.3
 urpmf libqt-mt.so.3
libqt3:/usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3

--
Marcel Pol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux 2.4.16-10mdksmp, up 10:26, 4 users