Well, I had a nice long email all ready to go on this one but Netscape locked up and then it was history.....SO, to make a long story even longer, it worked.  There was some sort of frame buffer or segfault error caused by a file in the XINE DVD NAV RPM.  So, I uninstalled the RPM (which admittedly IS in the beta stage) and voila, it worked.  AVI and ASF files still don't play but mpeg's do.  I think other codecs are in the works.  The audio also synced well.

Thanks for the help,

Jason

Vincent Meyer wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
OK, so run it in a termimal and look at the messages!  Usually
it will do this if an audio or video driver won't load. Try

xine -X XShm - A oss

if just xine doesn't do it. Also xine -? will list the available
drivers for audio and video.

V.