Hi all cookers I got a question for you about kernel compiling.

I use cooker-kernel 2.4.16 adn hand-compiled (from tar.gz not src.rpm) 2.4.18pre2 but
when I boot into 2.4.18 when I say shutdown it says power down but it doesnt power
off.It just sits there.

But when I boot into cooker kernel it just shutdown fine and power off.So what I want
to know what option do you enable when you compile kernel for cooker?

And second question although i eneabled video mode selection in kernel it doesnt boot
when I choose vga=788 option.Anyone have idea about these two problems?

Thanks to you all in advance...
Regards
ismail donmez