On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:33:19 +0000
Peter Ruskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 11 Jan 2002 10:10, Lenny Cartier wrote:
> > [Contrib-RPM]
> >
> > --=-=-=
> > Name        : checkinstall                 Relocations: (not
> > relocateable) Version     : 1.5.1                             Vendor:
> > MandrakeSoft Release     : 1mdk                          Build Date:
> > Fri Jan 11 10:39:43 2002 Install date: (not installed)
> > Build Host: bi.mandrakesoft.com Group       :
>
> There doesn't appear to be any documentation for this package and
> `checkinstall --help` is not helpful.  How are you supposed to use it?

After ./configure and make instead of make install you are supposed to be able
to do checkinstall.
This will build and install the package as an rpm.

I have not tried with the latest release but on my previous attempts I have
been unable to get it to work.
Even though it is now supposed to be included in checkinstall the process
is unable to find makeinstall.
If makeinstall is installed spreratly the process runs longer but then
still errors out and you are back to having to use make install.

   Charles