On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 10:14:59PM -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> My PVR was recording a movie this afternoon (MPEG1 into a file) and
> crapped out at 2147483647 byete, yup the 2G filesize limit.
>
> Does the Mandrake Cooker kernel not have large file support?  If so is
> it not transparent or do applications have to know they are going to
> be writing a largefile and use different system calls?

Applications have to be compiled with large file support, e.g. I think
proftpd the last time we tested didn't support large files.

The solution (?) is to compile with large file support (assuming that
it is supported) or patch it on your own ;-)

As an example you can see what we had to do to get proftpd to work with
large files here:

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/html/proftpd_largefiles.html

         -- Geoff.