Bill,

>This is a mixed 8.1 and some cooker from src packages, as well as the
>cvs mentioned earlier, so I think that it just totally confused as to
>what is what!

It's a mix, which makes it difficult for us to reproduce on our (cooker)
systems....

>  The urpmi list at the end doesnt mention libgal.19 at
>all!

Are you sure the packages mentioned are in the urpmi database?

>  Though I think the "other" person with the problem has a recent
>8.1 install with little else changed (assumption on my part)
>
>BillK
>

>[root@rattus SRPMS]# rpm -qpi gnumeric-1.0.1-1mdk.src.rpm

src.rpm, that one should be OK... Could you show us the same for the
.i586.rpm? The buildhost will probably say enough.

>[root@rattus SRPMS]# urpmf --requires  libgal.so

Old (8.1) packages:

>libgtkhtml15:requires:libgal.so.11
>evolution:requires:libgal.so.11
>gnome-guile:requires:libgal.so.11
>gtkhtml:requires:libgal.so.11
>pan:requires:libgal.so.11
>gnumeric:requires:libgal.so.11
>gnucash:requires:libgal.so.11
>gabber:requires:libgal.so.11
>perl-GTK-GtkHTML:requires:libgal.so.11
>evolution-pilot:requires:libgal.so.11
>mrproject:requires:libgal.so.11
>ximian-setup-tools:requires:libgal.so.11

Cooker packages:

>libgtkhtml19:requires:libgal.so.18
>gtkhtml:requires:libgal.so.18
>Guppi:requires:libgal.so.18
>evolution:requires:libgal.so.18
>gnome-spell:requires:libgal.so.18
>gnome-control-center:requires:libgal.so.18
>gnucash:requires:libgal.so.18
>gnumeric:requires:libgal.so.18
>evolution-pilot:requires:libgal.so.18
>gabber:requires:libgal.so.18
>gnome-utils:requires:libgal.so.18
>mrproject:requires:libgal.so.18
>perl-GTK-GtkHTML:requires:libgal.so.18
>[root@rattus SRPMS]# rpm -qa|grep libgal
>libgal18-devel-0.18.1-1mdk
>libgal11-0.11.2-3mdk

You'll need libgal11 to keep supporting the 8.1 apps that are installed
(that require libgal).

>libgal18-0.18.1-1mdk
>[root@rattus SRPMS]#

Just curious: how did you install that CVS stuff? as a package? or
./configure, make, make install? (If the latter: then things get really
complicated, since you've installed things bypassing the rpm database).

Stefan