This is mozilla 0.9.7 plain and simple. I don't know what they did, but
they did a good job of making it more unstable.

I've reverted to mozilla 0.9.6 on my own system and things are much
better, this is not isolated to the mandrake-packaged cooker
distribution. I get this with tarball & Red_Hat_7x_RPMS installs, as
0.9.7 was just very unstable.

Hopefully they'll get their act together for 0.9.8, because 1.0 is just
around the corner, and mozilla seems to be regressing in stability.

Mike