Hi!

Everytime I shutdown cooker, the snd used counter is increased by one
instead of decreased by one. I think the problem has to do with
alsactl or devfs.

After booting the kernel (devfs=nomount due to the already
several times reported bug in devfsd) the usage pointer of snd
is already at 4, but alsa drivers are not loaded (This worked
when I booted with the old devfsd after restarting alsa. I
have installed the alsa modules after rebooting to 2.5.17.5mdk).

I also tested rebooting with the MDK 8.1 devfsd and found out
that booting works here (after compose.inc message there is a kernel
oops caused by insmod on my desktop). Still alsa is not started,
but when restarting alsa, the kernel modules are loaded. It does
not work however, somehow the sound stuff is screwed up, f.e.
no /dev/sound devices, cat /proc/sound/cards crashes etc.
All this happens on my AMD-K62 desktop, on my laptop sound seems
to work. Maybe a problem with my 3DNOW patch ?

Regards,

Reinhard
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux