Stefan van der Eijk wrote:

>>> After tonight's update on my Dell Inspiron 7000. I was
>>> able to reboot initially without any problems. However
>>> since my dhcp server was down I decided to put in
>>> manual ip address and changed my host name. I then
>>> rebooted and the system now freezes consistently
>>> (regardless of kernel used) during
>>>
>>> =====
>>> SI Reasoning
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>
>>> "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>>> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
>>> Benjamin Franklin

>>> Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
>>> http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
>>>

>> same to me, but after push the reset, it comes up again. This happens
>> several times sporadicly.
>>
> On my system it locks up at the same place with 2.4.17-6mdk (every time
> I tried) but has no problems with 2.4.16-11mdk. I couldn't boot later
> kernels 'cause lilo wont let me scroll down past the 7th option (known
> issue).
>
> Stefan

Is this with or without framebuffer support? I only have that problem
with framebuffer support because it is asking for a "yes/no" response
that I can not answer because Aurora won't display the question outside
of seeing only "y/n". No matter what I type, it will not do what I ask
of it unless I power off and then back on the computer and choose to
boot without framebuffer support so that I can answer the questions that
I didn't and couldn't see in Aurora. That brings up a question with me
there. Whatever happened to it automatically doing the fixes and what
nots on its own? HTH

altoine