I've just notice something interesting ...
If I remember well on solaris when you log in in you X session you can
you can lock your session, go back to X logging screen and allow someone
to log in on another virtual screen.
I've just notice that i can't do this because when I launch a session it
take place where was gdm/kdm ( F7 ).
ok I seee the point, if the session is launch on :1 ( F8 ) you have
twice X client launch and may have perf pbs. But I wonder : is it
possible to just enable an option in order to enable this features very
usefull in multiusers environment ?
the trick is that gdm will always be on F7 or F11 ( there's always
medusa last screen here ).
when the first user open a session, it will be on :1 ( F8 ). he can
leave and just lock his session ( this should be auto to avoid security
pbs )
F7 to go back to gdm/kdm/xdm and possibilty to open another X session on
:2 ....

I know I can do the same from CLI BUT AFAIK it's easier and suits the
needs of an multiuser environment. Even at home for a newbie user with 3
session ( me, mum, sister ), he can just lock his session and let her
sister or mother log in. su is not a solution as it is just to launch
one apps and the CLI is not enough user friendly to my mind in this
case.

--
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/linux_wizard/index.html
-