Frederic Lepied <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > agreed, using DURING_INSTALL for this seems a bad idea.
> >
> > we'd better run ldconfig and update-menus than dropping a few other things
> > done in %post's.
> >
> > maybe we could have another (different) way of skipping ldconfig and
> > update-menus...
> >

> I don't think setting DURING_INSTALL removed the execution of
> scriplets. It should be something else because there is nothing in rpm
> in that way...

the message "Software manager never executed RPM scriptlets!" is wrong.

The problem is that setting DURING_INSTALL disable the execution of *some*
scriplets, those which have:

if [ -z "$DURING_INSTALL" ]; then
fi

One such scriplet is the /sbin/installkernel one.

So grpmi setting DURING_INSTALL causes /sbin/installkernel to exit without
doing anything.