On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:51:05 -0500
Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Using rpmdrake this morning to update latest from Nuplug.
>
> sndconfig-0.65.2-3mdk.i586.rpm wants to pull
> kernel-linus2.4-2.4.17-1mdk.i586.rpm as a depend.
>
> Why?

Follow-up for the earlier post.

I changed source this aferternoon to Ciril, which is normally more up tp date
than Nuplug.

Sndconfig still pulls a kernel pkg as a depend but in this case it was the
-10 (I still do not understand the dependency)

I allowed both rpms to be installed.
I am happy to report that on this occasion the kernel was properly installed.
Initrd was created and lilo was auto updated to include the -10 boot option.

    Charles