I never quite understood how the whole codec from Windows works with Linux Concept. Have these codecs been reverse engineered and compiled and then packaged as RPM's?  Or, do I simply make a directory called win32 under/usr/lib and then drop my windows dll's into it?  I see that avifile is actually an RPM that is already part of Mandrake but it just seems to be the avifile player, not the file that other media players can access. I just don't know, it was working till I did the latest cooker upgrade.  Funny though, this time I used Mandrake install and it must have installed some extra packages, as now XMMS will play some video files (ie mpegs) where before it wouldn't.  I went to the avifile homepage as you suggested and read through it but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to be honest.  I will just have to see if it's rectified in future cooker versions I suppose.  Thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Jason

Roger wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">