Fabrice FACORAT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >From my point of view mdksoft should not released urpmi with curl as
> default webfetch programm. Seems to be broken and error messages are not
> usefull :

Beware that curl does not support get of ftp files with time stamp checked and
size checked, so urpmi call curl two times for ftp files, one for getting
headers (time-stamp and size) for files already present locally to check if they
need to be updated, and another to get modified or http files.

The check routine are maybe broken in urpmi if you encounter problem, as shown
below urpmi considered the file as not needing update using curl (as well as
using wget too).

curl has a big advantages over wget, it avoid opening/closing connection for
each files, some server do not appreciate to open/close connection (like when
using wget) and stop connection after xx files downloaded.

François.