I've had the problem with Media player not working in every install of KDE
that I have had with Mandrake from the stock set that came with MDK8.1 to the
current cooker.  I don't understand it because they said that their test
machines work fine but i've installed mandrake on 5 computers and they all
had the same problem.  Noatun would crash the arts server then crash itself