I am trying to understand where CUPS is getting it's available driver
information.

I have a friend who has an Epson Stylus C80 printer.  He is using Mandrake
7.2.  He claims that the driver for that printer is not listed.

I look in the list under Mandrake 8.2 beta 1 and the driver is there.

I check the drivers in /usr/share/cups/model/epson/ and there does not appear
to be a driver for the C80!  Any idea where this driver is coming from?  I
just want to upgrade enough of his system to support that printer. (Anything
more might confuse him.)

Ideas?

Maybe I do need to buy that book on CUPS...