OK, in 8.1 Mandrake set up the right Windows key as
the Multi_key, which seems not to still be the case in
Cooker (hopefully they'll fix that).  So, if you're on
Cooker, run:
xmodmap -e "keycode 116 = Multi_key"
as a temporary fix.

Then, when you're typing, hit the right windows key
(and release) then left parentheses then r
[r-windows-key](r
and you should get:
®

:D  For © it's co or oc, and for other things, it
always a 2 character combo that sorta makes sense.