hi

i just installed mandrake 8.1 beta1 and discovered some problems/things
that could be improved:

1) during installation: when i wanted to accept standard-lilo options it
told me that i have to type in a number for the amount of my systems
RAM. then i changed to expert-view... in the field for the amount of ram
was the text: "nopentium" (my system is indeed an duron 900Mhz...) i
think this is a bug

2) i mainly downloaded this distro because i wanted to test, if my
scanner works... IT DOES! (mustek 1200cu USB) BUT: why doesn't mandrake
installation installs the xsane / xsane gimp plugin packages? a beginner
maybe don't know that he has to install these packages in order to use
his scanner in a userfriendly manner'...

3) where's xine?! XMovie is one of the badest player (in my oppinion)
for playing movies, because its extremely slow!

4) Theres seams to be a bug in the RPM installer of mandrake. when it
tells me to install cd2 into cdrom xyz, this string is extremely bad: it
includes a lot of strange characters (greater than 0x7F). btw: this bug
also exists in mandrake8.1

this are some hints of mine... hope this thing helps you to improve your
distro (which i'm using all day!)

raphael