On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Marcel Pol wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:56:48 -0500 (COT)
> Mario Andres Yepes Cifuentes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I am having a problems building RPMS in Mdk 8.2 Beta.
> >
> > I had followed the instructions  of the RPM-MDK HOWTO for building rpms
> > and in Mandrake 8.1 its works just great, but in Mandrake 8.2 Beta it
> > gives me the following error:
> >
> > [webmaste@webmaste SPECS]$ rpm -bb ctags.spec
> > Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /home/webmaste/DEVELOP/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.91744
> > + umask 022
> > + cd /home/webmaste/DEVELOP/rpm/BUILD
> > + rm -rf ctags-5.2
> > + /usr/bin/bzip2 -dc /home/webmaste/DEVELOP/rpm/SOURCES/ctags-5.2.tar.bz2
> > + tar -xf -
> > + STATUS=0
> > + '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
> > + cd ctags-5.2
> > /home/webmaste/DEVELOP/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.91744: cd: ctags-5.2: No existe el
> > fichero o el directorio (File or directory not found)
>
> I assume the untarring made a directory /home/webmaste/DEVELOP/rpm/BUILD/ctags, and
>not /home/webmaste/DEVELOP/rpm/BUILD/ctags-5.2.
> You could check the BUILD dir what is there.
> If it is called ctags, you can call the %setup macro as %setup -n ctags-5.2.
> It should then unpack in a ctags-5.2 dir.
>
> Btw, you can check out other specfiles in
>https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/SPECS/

No, thats not the problem, ind /home/webmaste/DEVELOP/rpm/BUILD/ the
directory ctags-5.2 exists...

I didnt tell the story complete. I downloaded the ctags src.rpm from
ftp.sunet.se in the directory Mandrake-devel/SRPMS so the spec shoould be
correct (I havent modified the spec) so I think is a Mandrake 8.2 problem
or maybe I'm missing something (maybe i have to install an extra package).
And anotyher thing, my Mandrake 8.2 setup its exactly as the 8.1

any other idea.

Regards
Mario