> 2.)  Nvidia drivers are broken, I get an error when
> compiling the nvidia kernel, it says there is already
> a /dev/nvidia0 and I can't rm -f the file to overwrite
> it with the one from the nvidia kernel package.

You should and need not. New nvidia drivers support devfs and these
files are created automatically. You can't remove them from user space.
One guy on a.o.l.m with beautiful name rcc was about to change install
script to edit /etc/devfsd.conf instead. I have no idea what has he
done.

> realize this is probably NVidia's problem.  The rpms
> for Nvidia don't work as well.

Yes. Bug nVidia and explain them they should check for mounted devfs
before blindly overwriting device nodes.

-andrej